What Damages Covered By Collision; What Damages Covered By Comprehensive?

A car insurance policy that included collision would cover any damage caused by an accident, regardless of who was at-fault. The accident should be one that involved 2 or more vehicles. The policyholder must pay for the coverage offered by collision. In other words, he/she must pay the established deductible, in order to obtain the requested funds. Collision does not cover any damage that might have been created when the insured driver’s vehicle collided with an animal.

A car insurance policy with a comprehensive option would cover any damage not caused by an accident.

• Like collision coverage, this coverage gets paid to the policyholder, regardless of who was at-fault
• That would include any damages caused by vandalism, by weather conditions, by floods, or by fire.
• Coverage provided by a comprehensive option also includes money for a replacement vehicle, if insured vehicle has been stolen.

Neither collision nor comprehensive provides coverage for any type of injury.

Still, that does not mean that an injury suffered by some other party could not affect the amount of money awarded to the policyholder, according to injury lawyer in Bradford.

For instance, suppose that you had purchased an uninsured motorist option. Then suppose that you were rear ended by an uninsured driver. You could file a first party claim with your own insurance company, in order to seek money for damages and injuries.

Still, the impact you felt from the rear could have caused you to hit the automobile in front of you. If some person in that car were injured, then he or she might try to identify someone that could be named responsible for his or her injury.

Your vehicle had hit the one occupied by the injured party. Consequently, you might be told that the evidence supported a charge of shared blame. That same evidence would then cause a reduction in the size of any money that you might receive from the company that had sold you the uninsured motorist option.

Yet you, as a policyholder could not seek money to cover any medical expenses. Any money you got from your insurance company would be meant as reimbursement for repairs. You could only seek money for injuries by submitting a personal injury claim, or pursuing a personal injury lawsuit.

You would need the services of a personal injury lawyer, if you were to pursue a lawsuit. A lawyer’s services might also prove helpful, if you wanted to fight the reductions made to your compensation package, due to the charge of shared blame.

Did the other party have proof of your negligence? Could the other party prove that you had failed to act in a reasonable manner, after feeling the forces that were created by the rear end impact?

More to explorer